Trouble - disconnection when sending mail - Trend

watchful 09:04 15 Jun 04

I recently updated my version of Trend PC-cilin and since then have had trouble sending e-mails through Outlook Express 6. I've disabled my windows Firewall and set the Trend Firewall to ignore outgoing mail. I've also disabled the setting for scanning outgoing mail.
Nothing on the Trend website gave me any help.
Has anyone here been having similar problems? If so, what's the answer? Any help would be appreciated.

AndySD 10:32 15 Jun 04

I am using the latest version of Trend PC-cilin and have been since it was a beta. But I use Outlook. I have had no problems with it.
Try looking at the settings on Outlook Express.

mammak 10:41 15 Jun 04

Try your setting's in Outlook Tool's>otption's>
connection's> make sure there is not a tick in >
hangup after sending and receiving.

Stuartli 11:11 15 Jun 04

On the OE Send/Receive panel, ensure that Hang Up When Finished is not enabled.

watchful 14:27 15 Jun 04

I just got disconnected whilst trying to reply here so I did a system restore to a couple of days ago when all this started. That did the trick and I finally sent the e-mail which was stuck in the outbox since yesterday. Then I received a few e-mails, one of which was from Wanadoo(freeserve) who are my providers. Their recommendation is to change my settings to Wanadoo which I hadn't done because, after the changeover, they said 'Do nothing.' I have followed their advice so we'll see what happens. I had no problems until a couple of days ago after I downloaded a half-hour's worth of updates from Trend - this after only installing the new setup last week! Rather like Windows updates!

Thank you all for your suggestions which I had already checked. Time will tell whether it was the system restore that did the trick or whether the Trend updates were responsible for the problem.

One good thing about XP is that it creates its own restore point every time a setting is changed.

I'll leave this open to see how it goes.

Thanks again.

watchful 11:32 16 Jun 04

Just to say that all is still well but I did change my settings back to Freeserve under Mail, as they were my original providers, because changing the user name etc. to wanadoo was not recognised.

All I can think of is that it was the updating that somehow changed something. They happen on an almost daily basis so there are obviously a lot of new viruses out there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…