Trouble deleting folder

wesparmalee 21:00 20 Nov 05

I have a folder on my pc which is empty,and for some reason i can't delete it.Everytime i try to delete,or even move the file,the following appears-"cannot move file,cannot read from the source file or disk.If i try and delete it,this happens-"Cannot delete file,cannot read from source file or disk".No other program is using this file,so why is it causing a problem.All i want to do is delete the damn thing altogether,any ideas?Thanks.

JPJBozo 21:07 20 Nov 05

Have you opened folder with Notepad and tried to highlight anything in there i.e. put cursor in there and delete everything. I once had a similar folder and there seems to have been a lot of blank spaces in it, and it was also read only, once I deleted everything and changed its status I could then delete the folder.

wesparmalee 21:12 20 Nov 05

Thanks for the reply.Theres nothing in the folder to highlight,it's just an empty folder,it's all a bit strange.I'm at a loss.

User-312386 21:13 20 Nov 05

Have you carried out a disc cleanup and then trying to delete the folder in safemode?

wesparmalee 21:25 20 Nov 05

No haven't tried that,will have a go.Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…