Trouble connecting to online servers, please help!

DryNetNick 19:00 15 Jan 08

Hi all,

I'm having trouble connecting to numerous online servers, and have tried to resolve the problem myself, without success, so am after a bit of advice.

The programs I'm having trouble with are pokercs.exe which was downloaded from click here. I have been using this software for years on a old computer, but after downloading to a new computer when I try to start the application I get a pop up message saying "Cannot connect to configuration servers, please try later".
I've had this problem for about 3 weeks now.

Another program I'm having trouble with is the Steam online gaming server (from steampowered.com), again I have downloaded and installed the software, but get the message "Cannot connect to servers, please try later".

The 3rd program is AVG antivirus. I downloaded this tonight, and when I try to check for virus updates it informes me it cannot connect to it's servers either!

I'm guessing it's something to do with firewalls but correct me if I'm wrong.
So...I've tried turning off the Windows Vista Firewall,
Turning off my router firewall,
Uninstalling and reinstalling the software,
Manually configuring the port forwarding on my router,
Adding the software to my firewall 'allowed' list,
I've looked for a DMZ setting on my router but it doesn;t seem to have one,
Right clicking on the icon and click' run as administrator,
And running AVG to check for viruses (none found)

I'm running Windows Vista, with a SpeedTouch Thompson ST585v6sl wireless router.

Can you think of anything I'm missing, as I really would like to gain full access to these applications.

Thanks in advance,

Nick.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…