Trouble with Canon i865 bubblejet printer

23790954 17:33 10 Nov 06

For the past 18 months or so I have been using a Canon i865 printer with excellent results in both photo's and print. It has never let me down before. However today I downloaded my 'e' mail messages and attempted to print the important ones. Much to my shock the printer failed to print any of the details, and the paper exited the printer as clean as it entered it. I then attempted to test print from the printer software, but again the paper came out without a sign of print on it. I have fitted a new printer cable, in an attempt to solve it, without success. I have tried it in several USB ports without success. I have also uninstalled it, and reinstalled it several times, also without success. Could anyone shed any light on this problem as I am not a whizkid with printers. Thanks for all help given.

Jackcoms 20:28 10 Nov 06

Have you done a deep clean of the printer heads and/or checked that the cartridges still have ink?

Alan2 20:31 10 Nov 06

When you say, ". . uninstalled it, and reinstalled it several times . . " this presumably refers to all software. In which case that is what I would have done.

The only other option I can think of is to connect it via a parallel cable and choose the appropriate options on installing the software.

David4637 15:25 11 Nov 06

If you can not get a test print, check the ink tank levels. Check to see whether there is ink on the exit sponge. Gently squeeze the cart sides to see whether ink appears on the exit sponge. If in doubt get a set of compatable carts, use a cleaning cycle and see what happens. David

Alan2 23:49 14 Nov 06

I note that the thread is ticked. Can you reveal your solution?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced