trouble with bb connection after reinstall

nickyjane 00:19 21 Aug 05

Hi Guys

Have reinstalled xp home on father-in-laws pc after a load of problems with virus's, cant seem to get ntl bb working again, seem like the pc might have lost something called a net adaptor. any ideas please.

AndySD 00:28 21 Aug 05

It sounds like you need to instal the network card drivers. Go Start then Control Panel then System Then Device Manager. Is there any Yellow exclamation marks?

nickyjane 00:33 21 Aug 05

looks like 1394 adaptor is missing

AndySD 00:37 21 Aug 05

1394 is firewire.

Go to My Network Places then View Network Connections is there anything there.

Also Does the NTL connection come from the set top box or via a modem using a USB connection.

nickyjane 00:51 21 Aug 05

thanks for the information, but I do have a slight problem in the fact of that I'm not at the pc in question as it has no bb connection I am at home on my pc. Ntl connection is through modem. could do with some advice and what to look for and what to do. I will have to go and see the pc tomorrow.

AndySD 01:08 21 Aug 05

Most NTL Modems connect via USB click here just run the NTL cd that came with the welcome pack.

click here may help.

If its an ethernet connection then check to see if there is a network adapter in the device manager if there is and you have the driver disk try updating the driver.

nickyjane 09:59 21 Aug 05

thanks for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…