Trouble with audio on MSN

loaders 16:09 06 Feb 05

I have just started using a Web Cam With a seperate mike.On MSN the web cam works fine and I can view my contacts and they can view me no problem.We cannot however get the audio to work although the audio wizard checks on both my pc and msn states all is ok.I have Zone Alarm(free version)installed,could that be the problem.I have MSN6.2 installed.

johnnyrocker 17:40 06 Feb 05

msn is very errratic for sound best bet is yahoo or eyeball com no probs with either.

johnny.

loaders 16:13 07 Feb 05

Thanks johnnyrocker will give it a go and let you know how i get on

loaders 23:47 08 Feb 05

Johnnyrocker Have downloaded EYEBALL chat as sugested,it loks a great programme,Can get terrific audio from my contact but still having the same problem from my end although my audio check on my PC works fine.the Eyeball help talks about downloading "DIRECT X 8.0"do you know wnat it is,I am loathe to download something I am not aware of.

loaders 20:31 11 Feb 05

Thanks for your help,am going to stay with Eyeballchat its a great programme.Have found all about Directx was told by someone(can't remember who)to go to start/run and type "dxdiag" and up pops all the info I needed.Its in there somewhere its just knowing how to find it .Thanks gain for your interest.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…