trouble with add/remove program

gingerfox 20:45 04 Feb 04

hello im having a spot of trouble with add/remove program every time i try to put some software on its saying it cannot find any drives im running the comp on xp can anyone help please

DJ-Garry 20:51 04 Feb 04

I always find the best way to install programs is via the CD itself. Open my computer then the cd drive then double click on the setup.exe file in the root diectory. This should start the installation just as the software developer intended. You should still be able to uninstall via the add/remove function later if you wish.

gingerfox 21:01 04 Feb 04

thanks very much supagaz just one more thing if ya dont mind ive recently been getting a file protection pop up and it says files that are required for windows to run properly have been replaced by unrecognized versions to maintain system stability windows must restore the original versions of the file the trouble is i dont have the recovery disk

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…