Trouble accessing internet via BT Midband

Heckmotor 16:34 25 Mar 04

Have had BT Midband for about a year, as no broadband available, and am well-pleased with it, but one of our laptops (evesham)has just come back from probably its eighth repair (no kidding!), and is proving very difficult to log on with. Sometimes it won't connect, sometimes when it does the BT launch page takes ages to load, or doesn't finish loading at all, and my Hotmail account doesn't usually work through MS Messenger. I've added Service Pack SR1a to its XP Home Edition, upgraded the Home Highway software from BT's site, and updated my browser's verisign certificate all to no avail. Sometimes, rebooting gets me back on line, but not for long. We've got Norton Pro 2003 with current definitions. Meanwhile, our other two machines (let's hear it for Dell and nethighstreet!) are working fine through the same wallbox. In all other respects the Evesham seems to be working OK (for a change).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…