Trouble accessing Flash site

HelpMeRhonda 19:00 17 Jan 06

Hello.

I'm having trouble accessing click here

I can see the Flash window when the site first loads, so I know Flash is working properly (I am using the most current version).

When I click on "Welcome/Enter" I get a blank screen. I cannot figure out why.

I have disabled pop up blockers. I have added the site to my "safe sites" list. I have tried using IE Explorer and Firefox. I have tried releasing and renewing my IP address. Nothing works.

I have no problem with any of the other sites I visit.

Could it be that the company who hosts the site has blocked me from accessing it?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

recap 20:47 17 Jan 06

It may be the site itself HelpMeRhonda and not your computer. I would give it another go tomorrow to see if you can gain access.

Skyver 20:51 17 Jan 06
  Stuartli 20:52 17 Jan 06

Works OK for me with Firefox.

The opening page states:

If you are unable to access our page, your security settings may be set to block Flash content. Please check your settings and try again.

Note to IE users:
Due to recent Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 updates to the Internet Explorer browser, Macromedia Flash Player movies may not play as desired. For more information :

click here

which may explain your difficulties.

Stuartli 20:53 17 Jan 06

Jave and Macromedia Flash are two different things but with similarities...:-)

Skyver 20:57 17 Jan 06

Just mentioning it because the site appears to use Java too. (I'm no expert on that, Firefox NoScript told me.)

Stuartli 21:00 17 Jan 06

Fair enough...:-)

But as I mentioned earlier I use Firefox and the website worked as it should so, of course, I didn't get the same message.

Stuartli 21:02 17 Jan 06

It's certainly a colourful and interesting website...:-)

HelpMeRhonda 01:35 18 Jan 06

After much time spent fiddling, it turns out that Norton Internet Security has its own pop up blocker. Once I turned that off, I was able to access the site.

Once again, redundancy has lead to consternation.

Thank you all for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…