Trouble accessing AOL 8

Fayboy Slim 14:39 16 Mar 04

I was wondering is anyone having difficulty accessing AOL 8 at this time.The modem dials up the number you hear the noise coming from the modem then it stops and then starts again,when you are connected
it is slow at loading up web pages emails take ages to access I have reported the problem to AOL but had no contact from them.Could anyone reccomend a reliable dial up internet service provider as I am considering changing if this problem doesnt improve.I have been running AOL 8 since Sep 2003 without any real problems,I am running Windows XP.

Kaacee 14:50 16 Mar 04

Not having any problems myself logging into AOL 8, have you tried using a different telephone number, sometimes this helps with this problem.I have also looked at alternative ISP providers, but my own experience leads me to stay with AOL, i find them better than most others, thats not to say they dont have problems, they do, but overall i find them a good ISP.

Djohn 14:53 16 Mar 04

Fayboy Slim, it may just be the numbers you are using to dial in with. Give this a try first.

Log on and go to keyword "Best number" follow the instructions to download, [They are selected for you by AOL]. Re-boot and log on again. This will most likely have cured your problem. You can also edit the numbers yourself and move them up and down the dialling list, some work far better than others.

If this does not help then please post back to this thread and I will give you a couple of more options to try. j.

Spanglish 15:51 16 Mar 04

If the above doesnt work , ( I have AOL with no problems AFTER getting the right numbers ) at work I have a Tiscali Dial Up and it works with no problems.
BA

Djohn 18:40 16 Mar 04

Did the change of numbers work then Fayboy Slim?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…