Trojan.zlob.3.gen removal without internet access

nelliep 10:23 24 Sep 07

My son has managed to get Trojans from online sites AGAIN! This time we have Windows Vista and Bullguard has identified this Trojan. However,we can't access the internet to download something to remove the Trojan. Could it be that Vista won't allow this or is it the Trojan that is preventing this access? Any help appreciated.

nelliep 10:45 24 Sep 07

It's identified it but can't remove it and is telling me to email them to find out how to remove it manually but I just get a blank page when I lick on internet explorer to access the internet. I've checked the internet connecitons and set up and all appears ok. I will try safe mode as system restire hasn'tworked when we got these trojans before. Thanks

brundle 11:28 24 Sep 07

I don't usually post `google searches` here but there are lots of variants of Zlob - perhaps one of these solutions downloaded via another machine would help. If it embeds itself the way SmitFraud does you will need a dedicated removal tool.
click here

Also, install and update Spybot & Spywareblaster once done (if you dont have them already). click here

nelliep 11:36 24 Sep 07

Many Thanks 'brudnle'. If 'Marg7's advice doesn't work in using safe mode will try this next. This is my first time using the helproom and your suggestions will be useful I'm sure. Just need to wait until I get home now... Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac