Trojan.Stwoyle

My Norton antivirus keeps detecting this virus and deleting it. Only thing is it keeps popping up every ten minutes or so and doesn't go for good. Why and how do I stop it please?

MAJ 20:25 12 Oct 05

Where does Norton find the trojan?

You could try manually removing the Trojan's entries from the registry. click here

Manually removing looks a bit too complicated for me! Is there no program that will do it for me?

VoG II 20:51 12 Oct 05

Try a² click here

Its appeared 3 times since I have done this thread the object name is :-

C:\WINDOWS\q(7 random numbers).dll

MAJ 21:30 12 Oct 05

That seems to be a ramdomly named file generated by the Trojan, [email protected], those can normally be deleted in the usual manner, if it wont allow you to delete it, boot to safe mode and delete it from there. Save it to floppy first though, just in case. The problem you might have is that if the Trojan is still active it will just create another file with, probably, a different name. So do all your scans again and use A-Squared as VoG™ suggested. Assuming that you're using XP, if the scans come back clean, turn off System Restore to delete any infected Restore Points, scan again and if given the all clear, reactivate System Restore to create a clean Restore Point.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…