trojans,spyware

murphyman 03:16 16 Mar 06

hi everyone, on monday last,igot infected by smitfraud,spyfalcon,vcodec,and zolob.
the hardest one to get rid of was spyfalcon,can anyone give me some information on these beauties
i would very much appreciate it.
i run xp home sp2 thanking you. ger

wolfie3000 04:45 16 Mar 06

try this

click here

remind 08:13 16 Mar 06

get spybot and spywareblaster too, at the very least
click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:31 16 Mar 06

SpyFalcon Removal
click here

murphyman 11:45 16 Mar 06

thank you wolfie 3000,remind and fruit bat, for your very helpfull response.
i have spybot, spywareblaster,adaware se,windows defender,norton system works 2005 installed and these things still got through.
again thank you all. ger

spuds 12:46 16 Mar 06

The only problem with installing a large range of spyware/adaware programmes, is the fact that some items will be picked up on one programme and not by others. This is due to the way the programme makers update their programmes on what they observe as necessary dangers.Not a bad thing, but it can get confusing and worrying as to what is good or bad, or "why did that slip through".

The same applies to Norton products, some people wouldn't use anything else, whilst other people (like myself) are very content with the free anti downloads with regular updates.

spuds 12:49 16 Mar 06

murphyman-- Give your computer a scan with Ewido click here and see what that finds!

murphyman 13:13 16 Mar 06

thank you spuds, i have just done a scan with ewido, did it find some stuff, im still in shock.
what you say is correct, all the different spyware apps have different methods,but boy would we be lost without them. thanks spuds. ger

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…