Trojans thrown up!!

Ankermi31 18:13 04 Aug 08

Operating system Windows XP with Service Pack 3.

Running Kaspersky Anti virus it has thrown up

Trojan-Spu.Win32.Zbot.czq

Trojan-Clicker.JS.Agent.h

Trojan-Downloader.JS.Agent.ciw

I have cleared out all cookies,tmp files and tempIE files. Also full scans with Ad Aware and Registry Mechanic also AVG Antispyware none of which have shown the above up.

Can someone tell me what these things are and are they cause for concern? How can I remove them?

Thanks

Ankermi31 18:16 04 Aug 08

Sorry forgot to say in first message

This has come about as daughter had problems with one of her financial sites and was blocked off.

Her financial people told her there could be something lurking but our normal antivirus E Trust was clean.

We therefore tried Kaspersky which through these up.

RobCharles1981 21:52 04 Aug 08

These Trojans won't get rid with Ad-Aware, Registry Mechanic is not a spyware remover its just a registry cleaner. Quite Surprised too that AVG won't move them.

Let me enlighten you.

You need to download

Super Antispyware and A-Squared

click here

click here

You need to do a full update on them, and then boot into safe mode....

Restart the computer as you would do then keep tapping F8 key to bring up the boot menu and select "Safe Mode" once booted do a "Full Scan" with one at a time.

You will get lucky.

Ankermi31 09:14 05 Aug 08

Many thanks Rob!
I downloaded both.
Super AntiSpyware came up with 2 Might Max and another Downloader not the ones previously mentioned but guess it could be the same but in disquise? Have placed in quarantine.

a Squared came up with 17 different things. Some where to do with the registry and a few cookies.
Have deleted the cookies but put the rest in quarantine.

Have just re-run AntiSpyware and it has come through clean.

Next question. Should I delete my quarantine items? I am very unsure about these things.

Many thanks once again for your help Rob.

Ankermi

johndrew 09:29 05 Aug 08

`Should I delete my quarantine items?`

Yes. They are no good to you after all.

Also you should turn off `Restore` do a restart and then turn `Restore` back on. This is in case you created a `Restore Point` - either manually or automatically - after contracting the trojans. Restore will have them copied and if you need to do a `Restore` you will re-infect your PC.

Ankermi31 09:17 08 Aug 08

Many thanks, have waited a couple of days before replying - just in case!

Everything is working very well once more.

Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…