trojans

chrisod 13:50 01 May 10

hello my pc says i have 3 trojans and i`m not sure how or where they came from or more to the point how to get rid of them please help me thanks Chris

Sea Urchin 13:55 01 May 10

How is your PC "telling you" that you have trojans? Sounds as though you have a rogue anti-malware program. Does it have a name at the top of the window?

chrisod 14:08 01 May 10

thanks for the reply it says TROJAN HORSE CRYPTIC.IS.......... i have ran a scan and it says i have 3 of the above.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:12 01 May 10

WHAT SAYS?

What malware or virus scanner are you using?

chrisod 14:15 01 May 10

i`m using avg free 9.0 and malwarebyte anti malware

Sea Urchin 14:23 01 May 10

So which one says you have the Trojans - because they both have the means of removing or quarantining what they find.

chrisod 14:30 01 May 10

avg says i have the trojan, but it wont let me remove it as its the free version. is there a free removal download i can use to get rid of it?

Sea Urchin 14:33 01 May 10

AVG 9.0 Free will remove problems it finds - I can't believe that you are getting a message to say the free version cannot move them to the virus vault. What exactly is the message you get?

chrisod 14:34 01 May 10

i also have a black background on my desktop which i cant change the colour of.

chrisod 14:37 01 May 10

sorry sea urchin i have just been to the virus vault and removed them what actions do i need to do now??

Sea Urchin 14:48 01 May 10

Once they are in the virus vault then AVG has removed them from your system - you have now presumably deleted them from the vault. I would reboot your PC and then run one more scan to make sure it is clear.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…