trojans

Dasmad 11:20 31 Oct 04

hi there
I have a problem with trojans, just detected by my AV after the latest update.
the AV can't clean them, so am looking for a free downloadable cleanup tool, if available.
the trojans are holica.b and Wintrim.2.AS.
can anyone advise please

SEASHANTY 11:35 31 Oct 04

Try a2 click here

rawprawn 11:37 31 Oct 04

Downlod Spysweeper trial from click here

Dasmad 15:21 31 Oct 04

me again
poling around, I found a software download "noadware" which has shown up quite a few "downloaders" lurking in the registry which want to connect to unsolicited websites. to remove these, however, one has to "register", implying a charge of $30. and a2 Free has no removal possibility till you purchase....?
there must be a simple cleanup procedure which someone could advise me about......? please

VoG II 15:24 31 Oct 04

a² Free doesn't require you to purchase - or it didn't the last time I ran it.

Try Ad-aware click here and Spybot click here

VoG II 15:25 31 Oct 04

a² Free click here

VCR97 19:35 31 Oct 04

"NoAdware" is on the list of Rogue/Suspect Anti-Spyware products & Web Sites at click here

JYPX 21:38 31 Oct 04

You must have a look at Ewido which is getting some very positive comment at Wilders Security Forums, have a look at this thread click here Now for the good news. Get the free trial of the plus version click here and when your 14 days are up it reverts to the standard version which includes full manual scan and daily updates , and it's free.

Dasmad 21:56 01 Nov 04

thanks for the help and advice.......think I'm getting sorted with a2; unfortunately Ewido is for win 2000 onwards and I'm still in 98

Dasmad 21:56 01 Nov 04

thanks for the help and advice.......think I'm getting sorted with a2; unfortunately Ewido is for win 2000 onwards and I'm still in 98

Dasmad 21:57 01 Nov 04

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…