TrojanHunter 4.0 evaluation

g0slp 14:37 08 Nov 04

Two questions on this

1. I can't seem to delete this fully - there's an error message popping up when starting the computer. I can't reinstall & delete again either.

2. I'm not sure if there's a connection - since deleting TrojanHunter then Norton AV is occasionally disabling itself.

Any suggestions please?

bertiecharlie 15:08 08 Nov 04

Try going to Start\Run type in msconfig and look under the startup menu. After uninstalling the programme, it may have left a start up item behind which would result in an error message. See if you can find anything relating to TrojanHunter and untick it.

Also, do a search of all files and folders and delete anything left over.

Regseeker is good for searching the registry for redundant entries. Go to "Find in the Registry" and type in TrojanHunter and delete everything it finds. Regseeker will automatically make a back up. click here

g0slp 15:14 08 Nov 04

I'll check through & see what I can find

bertiecharlie 15:21 08 Nov 04

Just looked in another registry cleaner and TH is listed as Mischel Internet Security so you could look for anything relating to "Mischel".

g0slp 15:39 08 Nov 04

Haven't found anything from Mischel.

Right, I've disabled TrojanHunter (THGuard)in the Startup Menu, & tried deleting all traces of it.

However, I am getting the following Error Message:-
Cannot delete contmenu.dll; access is denied.
Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use.

contmenu.dll is in C:\Program Files\Trojanhunter 4.0

I'm unsure what to do from here.

rawprawn 15:42 08 Nov 04

Try deleting it in safe mode (Tap F8 when booting)

g0slp 15:45 08 Nov 04

Is this .dll file likely to be used by anything else? It's not showing as such in Search, but I'd hate to do anything rash...

bertiecharlie 15:58 08 Nov 04

See the bottom post click here Doesn't seem to be an important file. If you can't delete it after a reboot, rawprawn's advice should work.

MoveonBoot should also delete it, available from click here

g0slp 16:16 08 Nov 04

I can't delete this .dll file even in Safe Mode; I've done System Restore to a couple of days back which seems to have cleared the Norton problem, but I'm still getting the following Error message on startup

File C:\Program Files\TrojanHunter 4.0\C:\Program Files\TrojanHunter 4.0\thupdate.txt not found

Any more thoughts before I go any further? your help is much appreciated. Mark.

bertiecharlie 16:31 08 Nov 04

Go back into msconfig and make sure THGuard is still disabled. If you have used System Restore, you may have inadvertently enabled it again.

Download MoveonBoot. It will show up in the context menu when you right click any file. Right click the dll file and click on MoveonBoot and then reboot. When the dll file has been deleted, you should be able to delete the whole TH folder normally.

g0slp 16:39 08 Nov 04

OK, downloading now & will post back. Mark

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…