TrojanHorse Startpage.DJ in Windows\OLEHELP.EXE

taffyal 11:28 11 Feb 04

Does any one have any advise on above? AVG found it after I had loaded pcdoctor on call ( which alleged various probs. it would fix if I paid!!)Could this be the source? AVG cant cure as "windows is using the file" Tried disabling "restore" but cant move it with AVG. Tried Trend micro online, but that found nothing.It hijacks my start page to "best.omega-search.com. I would be grateful for any help!

Jester2K 11:33 11 Feb 04

Boot into Safe Mode and then scan with AVG again.

Sheila-214876 11:35 11 Feb 04

McAfee list 19 startpage viruses but not DJ. Maybe they haven't caught up with this one yet?. Have a look here: click here

Sheila-214876 11:36 11 Feb 04

Sorry the link didn't give the results but if you scroll down to the bottom and type in startpage you should see them.

georgemac 11:48 11 Feb 04

I just dealt with a different trojan on a friends PC, and it too would not let me delete the file (msto32.dll) as it was in use.

I disabled system restore, as the paricular trojan I was delaing with infected the system restore files, booted into safe mode and deleted the file. I then booted normally, AVG detected a previously masked virus on start up, scanned again, AVG cured the faults and re-enabled system restore.

Worth a try if the AVG scan in safe mode cannot sort it out.

taffyal 12:23 11 Feb 04

Thanks to all you good people- I followed Jesters advice, & AVG put it into vault! 5 minutes for the cure, thats great.
I also downloaded a trial of Trojan Horse Remover 6.1.6, & that found nothing- I assume that AVG must be good stuff for a freeby! Thanks again, everybody. Al

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…