I've got the above trojan sitting in my System Volume file,How can I access the file and manually get rid of it as,AVG has got most of it.XP will not let me access the Sys Vol file.Ican't do a restore either.

Jester2K II 21:41 21 Aug 03
  Jester2K II 21:53 21 Aug 03

Oh and why not continue your previous thread? click here

pj123 21:54 21 Aug 03

Or go to click here click on virus information and type downloader into the search box. lots of of answers, take your pick.

Jester2K II 21:56 21 Aug 03

Because he's removed the virus but it stuck in System Restore. The virus can be removed and just needs flushing from the SR Directory as per my posting.

pj123 22:39 21 Aug 03

Jester2K II. Sorry mate, didn't mean to upset you. Just thought in case something has been forgotten it could be useful.

Flushed the restore files,but the trojan is still showing up as been in the volume file,the speaker in the taskbar will not appear,unless I open it manually,then the resd.shield picks up the trojan.How can I get into the system volume file?

Jester2K II 07:56 22 Aug 03

What is the exact path to the file?

C:/system volume imformation\restore{1ecdaf78-e276-4258 plus a lot more numbers.This keeps croping up,caught by avg,when the volume comes on.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…