Trojan/CWS Combo

rawprawn 16:42 21 Mar 05

I just tried XSoftspy 410 out of curiosity and it supposedly found the above trojan, but you had to register at about £30 to remove it. It gave me a registry key which I searched for but apparently is not there. I have scanned using Adaware, CWShredder, and Microsoft Antispyware. None of them found anything. Has anyone else come accross this, is it a wind up to get you to purchase, or might there be a problem.I have done a quick Google and there seem to be a number of others who are a bit like me.

Diodorus Siculus 16:50 21 Mar 05

If the free ones don't find something, then I don't worry.

click here
SB click here
cws click here
click here
AdAware

4 excellent free options.

ventanas 16:53 21 Mar 05

Afternoon Dennis, I've had this sort of thing before. It's a ploy to make you buy as you suspect.

rawprawn 16:55 21 Mar 05

Thanks Diodorus Siculus, I have all those and I am running A² now. The only reason I tried it was it was mentioned in a thread a while ago and I was just curious.

rawprawn 17:05 21 Mar 05

Hi John,yes I thought it would be, it also said it found a "Data Miner" cookie which I know Adaware or the others would find but there is nothing.It's annoying when companies use this kind of unerhand method to get unsuspecting users to buy.It was only because one of the regular users mentioned that it had got much better that I decided to look.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac