Trojan Viruses - can't be removed from Zip folders

ralph-226856 11:01 21 Mar 04

My anti-virus software, ANTI VIRUS PERSONAL EDITION VER 6,has found two Trojan viruses in two WinRAR zipped files. It shows a message saying , it will not remove them from archives.

I have run TROJAN HUNTER 3.8, and it found the same two Trojans, but also said it would not remove them from archives.

Does anyone know why these programs will not remove the Trojans from archives ?.

I can do without both the WinRAR archives, so can I just delete them ?. I have CYBERSCRUB installed which can remove items beyond recovery but I dont want to use this method without advice.

Any help would be appreciated.

rim rim

AndySD 11:47 21 Mar 04

Although most programs can scan Compresses archives (zop, rar etc) opening them and removing sections is a different matter.

If you dont need the files just delete them in the normal way and forget about it.

ralph-226856 13:04 21 Mar 04

Thanks for your guidance AndySD I shall delete the archives.

Do you know of a good Trojan checker, my copy of Trojan Hunter expires soon.

Thanks again for replying to my post.

Cheers. rimrim

AndySD 13:09 21 Mar 04

TDS-3 is my favorite click here

dessi 15:50 21 Mar 04

could this be of help?

click here

ralph-226856 16:07 21 Mar 04

Many thans AndySD and Dessi, I had a quick look at both programs and they both look good.

I deleted the WinRAR folders,did a virus scan and the report was all clear,so thanks again AndySD for your help.

Allthe best.

rimrim

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…