Trojan Virus Help please!

beafoster 09:30 25 Apr 08

im ok with computers but im no whizz (is that even proper computery people speak???) i have a trojan virus on my pc. 2 actually its trying to fill my hardrive. i have spotted it and closed the program that it was dumping from and to so its not getting any worse but its still there. norton and pc tools give me different diagnoses. norton says i have two of them pc tools reckons i have one and its removed it although norton still sees them. im looking around for a security thingy but im just gettin more and more confused. HELP PLEASE!!!!! why do i feel violated??? lol (actually its not funny!!!)

birdface 09:46 25 Apr 08

Try SuperantiSpyware.its free.

gengiscant 09:54 25 Apr 08

Try this.
click here

beafoster 10:04 25 Apr 08

im running super anti spyware its found 115 threats and 42 of those are trojan, what does that mean. i know that may sound like a stupid question but i just figure that the more i understand the more protected i'll be.

crosstrainer 11:00 25 Apr 08

Run Superantispyware, and remove what you can with it.

If it asks for a re-boot, do so.

Shut down.

Start your computer in safe mode (tap the F8 key as your machine boots)

Run Superantispyware again.

Re-boot and download:

click here

Run that, and post back with results.

beafoster 11:02 25 Apr 08

ive completed the recommended. i think the problem is sorted. but it does mean i'm left with n orton(free) spyware doctor(free) pctools anti virus(free) and ive got CCleaner. what do i keep and what is the best anti virus. im not necessarily after something free i just want to be sure ive got the most out of my software. What about AVG (paid for)?
thanks for your help so far guys, i was panicking a bit!

crosstrainer 11:17 25 Apr 08

Superantispyware is a very effective free tool, AVG 7.5 free is not the best anti-virus soloution, but will do the job.

The best anti malware product (IMO) is PC Tools spyware doctor....Its not free, but is the best.

Paid for Anti-virus products....Check out this months mag, or the advice section....Kapersky is my current favourite, but being careful about where you go online is the key also.

Another free (and very good product) you can download is:
click here

birdface 11:36 25 Apr 08

It means that your computer is in a bit of a mess.You could remove Norton[Use the removal tool]AVG 8.0 is now out and free.Maybe remove Pc tools A/Virus and use AVG.Download SpywareBlaster.and McAfee Site Advisor[that stops you from going into bad sites]Keep C Cleaner as that just cleans the registry and gets rid of any crap on your computer.What Firewall do you have.You need a good Firewall.

beafoster 12:01 25 Apr 08

i only have the windows firewall.i ran the antivirus in safe mode and it found the trojan again, it said that it had removed the file and then restored it. i also had 35 adware files that it didnt remove will these be a problem?

birdface 14:41 25 Apr 08

Did you try Superantispyware in safe mode as well. If you run both delete what they find and then run C Cleaner then switch of system restore and then.When you reboot your computer check again and see if you find any more.If so you may have to go to the Malware Forum and post on there.Kerio Firewall is Ok and free.Full version for a month and reverts to the free edition if you don't want to pay.I don't suppose you have messenger Plus installed or Limewire.

tullie 17:13 25 Apr 08

Dont use the Windows Firewall if you are on XP
Have one anti virus,one firewall and two or three anti spyware.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…