trojan virus help please

wuddy8 22:51 16 Feb 05

Just purchased a bew PC running windows XP. Got broadband through Tiscali. Connected everything up, downloaded AVG which detected a trojan virus.

Its a Startpage.16.bd. Ran a couple of cleaning programs but still present.

Please any help appriciated. I'm a total begineer with PC's so in idiots language please!!

stalion 22:54 16 Feb 05

try ascan with this click here

VoG II 22:55 16 Feb 05

Run a² click here

spuds 23:03 16 Feb 05

This appears to be the trojan click here You could download a2 click here and see if that finds it.

curlylad 23:18 16 Feb 05

Download this removal tool from my link , this should sort it out ! click here

wuddy8 23:46 16 Feb 05

ran all the cleaner and spyware programs and still getting trojan present message from AVG.

oldone 02:35 17 Feb 05

Try this 3click here day free trial Trojan Remover.

oldone 02:39 17 Feb 05

Sorry about that link. This should be ok.
click here

kenneth-204108 09:54 17 Feb 05

Please, can somebody tell me how to get rid of the "bubbles" with information inside them,which appear from time to time?
Thanks,in anticipation,
Ken

Taff36 10:18 17 Feb 05

You need to post this question on a separate thread. Click on "start new subject" at top left and type again with a suitable title - I suggest "How to get rid of information balloons". You shouldn`t Hijack someone elses thread and you will get a better response with a meaningful thread title. Try it!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…