Trojan Virus can't remove

Fatbelly 19:25 05 May 04

I have got AVG Anti Virus on my WIN XP system.
AVG tells me that I have got a trojan virus on my PC and it is located in ..../localsettings/temporaryinternetfiles/content.ie5/ot6rc1in/install206/[2].exe

AVG says it cannot remove the virus, I have tried to locate it myself to manually remove it by with no success.
I have also tried 2 trojan horse removers recommend on this site but each utility says that it cannot find any trojans. But when I then run AVG again it says that the virus is still there.

What do I need to do.
Thanks Fatbelly

VoG II 19:27 05 May 04

Clear out temporary internet files - this will zap the lot click here

Fatbelly 20:09 05 May 04

Thanks for the help, it worked and AVG now says that I have no virus's. How come AVG could not remove it?
How did I get the virus? I never open any email attachemnts, I was surfing the web at the time did I get it from the net? I thought Virus's only came from email attachemnts?

VoG II 20:14 05 May 04

No you can get them (especially trojans) from the net. The latest sasser worm spreads without using e-mail.

The reason that AVG could not remove it was probably because Windows said it was in use. You probably couldn't have removed it "manually" either. CleanUp! marks files for deletion then restarts to get rid of them (before Windows has fully loaded).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…