Trojan Virus?

Gary 15:43 12 Jan 03
  Gary 15:43 12 Jan 03

My firewall keeps telling me about attempts to access my computer by a trojan horse. I have updated and run my Virus Checker several times and it doesn't find any problems. I even reformatted and reinstalled everything, but it still doesn't seem cured.

Yesterday, a couple of wierd things happened which have left me quite worried. The 'X' close program in the top right of all my windows turned to a white square with a black lightbulb on. Then the shortcuts on my desktop wouldn't work when clicked- they said they couldn't find their targets. Shutting down solved both these problems but I am concerned in case there is a virus causing them.

Any suggestions as to what I can do?

Thanks in advance- all suggestions greatly appreciated.

Gary

Spencus 15:49 12 Jan 03

(1) have you antivirus software installed ?

(2) Your firewall is telling you that the intruder did not get though

everythingsuk 15:54 12 Jan 03

i have norton 2003 and the firewall constantly does this, but who would be attacking me with all these trojans? little ole me on a dialup!?!?!

Gary 16:06 12 Jan 03

I do have Virus software installed.

I can't understand who would want to attack me either, but if it isn't a virus, what caused the unexplained problems in my original post above?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…