Trojan stopper...please.

anniesboy68 19:43 01 Feb 07

Can anyone recommend a program that will STOP trojans loading on my computer.Every few days Spyhunter finds 55 trojans [and the like] which I remove. Where the heck are they comming from.? I have Zone alarm, [free] AVG, [free] No Adware, Ad Aware, Spybot, Spware blaster,Windows defender, and Spyhunter. Its always 55!!!!!and always the same infection. I note Webroot do one, or so they say.

gudgulf 19:56 01 Feb 07

Can you be a bit more specific.......for example is SpyHunter finding actual trojans or tracking cookies?

skidzy 19:58 01 Feb 07

Can you post the names of the Trojans if indeed they are trojans.

Or: try this click here trial basis that has proved helpful in the past.

anniesboy68 20:27 01 Feb 07

Yes, all these itms found in the registry.....
2020S Dynamic toolbar, Zlob. Trojan [lots of], Net Necleus toolbar, Dialer.faretoraci, Mirar Toolbar, You could win this.

skidzy 20:30 01 Feb 07

If Spybot Search and Destroy and the link i provided earlier do not shift these,you will be best to run Hijackthis click here and post the log click here though you coul;d try Asquared click here

terryf 20:35 01 Feb 07

One wonders where you are going to collect that many, I get the occasional one at intervals of about 2 months

terryf 20:36 01 Feb 07

Try this click here found mine

jackhass 20:40 01 Feb 07

Look initially in Control Panel->Add/Remove programs.See if anything is installed that looks really bad. Eg Dialer,toolbars and un-install them.

Do the Start/Run/'Msconfig' routine and see what is set in the Start-up Programs .

Clever Trojans will not be stopped.
You are obviously picking them up from visited or re-directed sites.Be your own policeman.

Your internet browser can be set to visit only safe sites!

skidzy 20:40 01 Feb 07

As Terry has pointed out,be careful where you surf.To pickup this many different variants....well i wonder !

anniesboy68 20:45 01 Feb 07

Sorry, forgot to say I use A2 also. SpyHunter has them all somewhere as there is a facility to "rollback". Could they be escaping somehow?. Anyway will try all the sugestions. Always 55 though!!!!!!

skidzy 20:48 01 Feb 07

Something that some disagree with,is to Disable System Restore/Reboot/Enable System restore....you will lose all restore points.This assuming the problems are arising from a restore point.

Alternatively,scan in safe mode.tapping F8 on startup will get you into safemode.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017