Trojan and spyware repeated attacks.

joethebow 00:02 23 Oct 04

I keep getting the Trojan Small 13.n virus, my browser being hijacked by either Coolsearch or Isearch and several sex sites including sexy.exe and over.exe popping up. I also get the Isearch toolbar.

I am running XP through a router. I have set the XP firewall to Medium and the router firewall to medium. At high they lock me out of the net.

I run Addaware and AVG as soon as they appear and everything is removed, if I run the programmes a second time they show the PC as clean.

But about 20 minutes later they appear once more and I have to do it all again.

If I turn the router off and just use the PC offline Nothing appears no matter how long it's turned on. But connect to the net and there they are again within minutes.

I even reloaded windows but it didn't help.

Any idea what is going on or what I can do to rid myself of this constant attack?

DoctorButcher 08:15 23 Oct 04

Use this click here then post the report...

Nellie2 08:33 23 Oct 04

There is a little tutorial click here if you aren't sure how to save a log file. You may find that you can't paste the log all in one go here. That is because there is an 800 word limit to posts. So do it in two or three parts if you need to.

It would help if you could double space the log as it would make it easier to read here.

961 09:28 23 Oct 04

I think you need spywareblaster and spybot search and destroy to protect against these. Free downloads for both

If you run an on line Pest Patrol scan you may find out just what is there

joethebow 19:04 23 Oct 04

Doc, you're a genus!!!

I don't need to post the log. Once I saw it I knew what to do. Just tick the boxes and delete the downloader files. I did it first thing this morming and havn't had any trouble in the last 12 hours. I've saved the programme just in case it happens again.

For now, all I can do is give you a big thank you.

It's great to have people like you around.

Nellie2 20:13 23 Oct 04

There are some hijacks that go a bit deeper and need a bit more than just fixing with hijackthis... if your problems come back, generate a new log and post it. ;)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…