Trojan / Spyware

bsr1976 14:52 26 Apr 06

What is the best way to delete trojans spyware or whatever they are called ?

My Pc has been hacked and although McAfee Internet Security seems to have cleared it up I have been advised to format the hard disk and re-install everything with XP home service pack 2.

If you format the hard drive can you be 100% that these hacker scumbags have been removed??

MichelleC 15:41 26 Apr 06

I prefer to fdisk and delete partition and then create partition. It's probably overkill but you can be sure any sneakies have completely gone.

GANDALF <|:-)> 16:26 26 Apr 06

You have not been hacked, all you have had is some Trojans/viruses. There is a huge difference between hacking and infecting.

Whoever gave you that advice is well OTT. Turn off system restore, reboot and turn it back on setting a new restore point. Run Ewido from click here and delete all it finds. Download Ccleaner from click here, run it and delete all it finds. Download Windows defender from click here, run it and then it will protect you in the background from Trojans etc.

All the above will take Less than 20 minutes. Use Ccleaner once a week to clear all temp files. Let Windows Defender run quietly in the background, keep your AV updated and do not click yes to any surveys or offers of online scans that appear or accept any tool bars from unknown sources.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…