trojan-spy.Html.smitfaud hijack desktop

Randa panda 20:45 11 Jul 05

hey,
my desktop has been hijacked by this virus an ive ran adware scans and it wont get rid of it can anyone help,
cheers

stalion 20:53 11 Jul 05

try a scan with a2 click here

Completealias 21:01 11 Jul 05

Disable system restore this will clean out all your restore points but nasties can hide in there and clear out all your temporary files and then re run your scans, reboot between scans so they can finish there clean it may be worth running them in safe mode.

Don't forget to do a sweep with your antivirus as well, if you still can't shift it after you have scan with the normal apps you'll need to run hijack this and post a logfile to click here

Randa panda 21:15 11 Jul 05

cheers ill try these then get back to you

brambles 09:56 12 Jul 05

Open Google

Type 'Remove trojan-spy.Html.smitfaud' I had this problem on my daughter's computer. A lot of the offers you will see scan your computer for free but then want a charge to remove. It cost us to correct the problem professionally. There was one Removal Tool I seem to remember on the Google results.

Once you've resolved the problem I recommend you download Microsoft Spyware (free) your problem would not have occurred if you had this protection - it would have prevented anyone hijhacking/changing your Home Page.

Best of luck

Brambles

Taff36 10:06 12 Jul 05

I removed this from a friends computer after posting a HiJackThis report on another trusted forum. I was told to download a removal tool from a trusted website and I have instructions on how to do it. If you send me a personal message using the yellow envelope I`ll send both to you.

Randa panda 15:05 12 Jul 05

ive ran a2, avast antivirus, spyware doctor and spybot an none of them have worked.

bertiecharlie 15:24 12 Jul 05

There is detailed information click here and click here but I think you would be better posting a HijackThis Log at the site Completealias recommended.

Taff36 21:58 12 Jul 05

Randa Panda

Send the Personal Message again. Whilst Completealias is right (Cos that`s the site I used) I have the removal tool and instructions.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…