Trojan Spy-agent.bf.dldr in com4.exe

touranagram 20:27 21 Jan 07

Hi. I need your help. After McAfee updated their software I cannot resolve this new find of the Virus software. It cannot access COM4.exe in C:\program files\windows nt as its write protected, I have had a go at cancelling the write protection but cannot. The web seems sparse on this Trojan. How do I fix it?

Running Windows XP home addition

VoG II 20:30 21 Jan 07

Try a-squared click here

touranagram 23:46 21 Jan 07

Tried that and it if anything made it worse so I removed the software. The com4.exe file is now on 2 parts of the hard drive and I cannot delete it from either even in safe mode as its write protected. I have tried attrib -r but it cannot complete it.

Any more ideas would be appreciated

skidzy 00:09 22 Jan 07

Maybe click here and click here has a trial basis.

touranagram 08:04 22 Jan 07

does anybody know what com4.exe does in the C:\program files\windows nt folder. Do I need it?

VoG II 08:28 22 Jan 07

I suggest that you run HJT click here and post your log on the MWR forum click here

touranagram 16:11 22 Jan 07

Vog. Thanks they are helping me now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…