Trojan Spy

Iceman244 13:47 17 Jun 05

somehow my PC has become infected and i have not got a clue how to get rid of it.

I have got a constant security message on my screen which i can not get rid of.

The message is as follows in full.

A fatal error occured in IE at 0028:c0011E36 in VXD VMM 01> + 00010E36

Error was caused by Trojan Spy .HTML.Smitfraud.C

Can somebody please help me with this as i have not got a clue how to get rid of it and it is driving me mad.

Also i dont know how dangerous it is.

I will say now that i an no PC expert and my CD Rom drive is broken in case i need to use that.

Thanks in advance.

Iceman

Joe R 14:05 17 Jun 05
  brambles 15:18 17 Jun 05

I had this identical problem on my daughters computer. Effectively it has hijacked your desktop picture.

We had to reinstall Windows professionally but it was costly.

Please go to Google & type
Remove Trojan Spy .HTML.Smitfraud.C

There is a fix for it which you have to buy - if it had been my computer I would have done this but was reluctant to on someone elses.

You will find several technical explanations & instructions but they do get complicated.

On the search you will also see loads of Free Scans - they are at the identification stage but then you have to buy for removal.

Just looked at Google see this link
click here

Best of look

Brambles

Tycho 15:42 17 Jun 05

I cannot recomment the malware removal site highly enough. click here

You will be taken step by step through the whole process of removal and you will have to pay nothing and neither will you need to reformat your machine.

T

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…