Trojan Scanner...do I need one?

kevvyb 11:54 25 Apr 03

Have just got around to considering this having realised that I should, some time ago.

I have looked through many of the posts under 'trojan'but none seem to answer my question.

I run 98se with McAfee VS v7.02 updated and running with HAWK enabled (in fact, everything enabled!).

I run ZoneAlarm (the free version) and this is configured with highest Program control (Medium on the free version) and with Internet Zone security set to high and Trusted Zone Security set to medium (although I have not placed anything in the Trusted Zone and it contained only one entry "PPP Adapter/'my IP address'/'another IP address' that I don't recognise").

I regularly (at least once a week) run adaware v6.0 and Spybot v1.2 (again, both regularly updated).

Should I add a dedicated Trojan Scanner program or is this effectively what Spybot is?

Gaz 25 12:30 25 Apr 03

Spybot will detect only some, very dangerous viruses, your Anti-virus should pick up trojans and Zonealarm will stop them.

I dont know of any good FREE trojan scanners only the cleaner from moosoft is good but you do have to pay. I can honestly say, Moosoft's software has never found one as I keep everything very much like you up-to-date.

Look at click here

This anti-virus grabs trojans but is not out yet.

So I am sure you are safe.

Belatucadrus 13:04 25 Apr 03

Freeware trojan scanners click here good with free updates but increadably slow. or click here OK, but still in beta, so not finalised as a software package yet.

Paranoid Android 13:05 25 Apr 03

You should be Ok, just keep everything up to date AT LEAST every week.

Marvin

Mango Grummit 14:35 25 Apr 03

Hi there kevvyb -- go to LINKS at top of this page and find SwatIt. Yes you do need it. AV progs will not deal with Trojans.

M

muppetmark 14:40 25 Apr 03

The best Anti trojan (IMHO) is TDS-3, available click here a free trial is available, daily updates with it too.

Peverelli 15:55 25 Apr 03

I would say yes. AV programs can pick up Trojans, but I feel safer with a dedicated Trojan checking program. I use Tauscan 1.6 from Agnitum which costs around £20 ($29.95) with regular free updates. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…