Trojan - is is safe to just delete this

rickus 08:40 30 Sep 05

I have had a trojan reported by AVG for the last few days. Have tried various bits of software to heal or quarantine it but none picked it up.

Yesterday I just deleted the file and today AVG is reporting it from the recycle bin.

What I would like to establish is whether the original deletion was sensible (but late to ask now!) ans whether I should just delete it now from the recycle bin. The details of it are:

DC5.CAB:\eied_s_c7_200.exe Trojan Horse Downloader.Generic.ESP Infected,embedded object

and then
DC5.CAB Trojan Horse Downloader.Generic.ESP Infected,Archive

Previously it was appearing as

C:\eied_s7.cab:\eied_s_c7_200.exe Trojan Horse Downloader.Generic.ESP Infected,embedded object

Thanks in advance for any help

Gongoozler 08:45 30 Sep 05

It looks like AVG has done it's job and detected the Trojan file before it installed into your operating system. If your computer works happily with this Trojan in the recycle bin, then it's safe to permanently delete it.

rickus 09:01 30 Sep 05

Thanks Gongoozler

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…