TROJAN REMOVAL?

victorkor 13:57 11 Oct 08

By using 'RemoveIt Pro V6' it detected
c:\windows\bwunin-8.1.1.50.8876460sl.exe as an infection. I deleted this file (the sofeward advised that it would be removed upon boot up - but it didn't). After I premanently deleted this file i could not connect to internet an received 'BAD_POOL_HEADER' and the only way I could rectify thios was to resore the PC to a few days earlier thereby keeping this infected file. Do I have to keep this file to continue internet usage. I'm using Vista if you need to know. Thanks
Keith

Widow's Son 14:10 11 Oct 08

Because BwUnin is part of F-Secure Anti-Virus. It may be a case of 'RemoveIt Pro V6' giving you a false alert

mfletch 14:20 11 Oct 08

I think it is a uninstaller for Logitech Desktop Manager

Have a look in add or remove programs to see if it listed in there,

Also upload the said file to Virus total and let it scan the file,

click here

Let us know what the results are

brundle 14:21 11 Oct 08

And a third possibility is Backweb, if you have an HP/Compaq PC

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:25 11 Oct 08

Are you running Logitech desktop manager?
or a HP /Compaq machine? (found in HP support)

bwunin-8.1.1.50.8876460sl.exe (or other numbers) is part of the Blackweb (bw) uninstaller.

Spybot search and destroy will detect and remove it.There are reports of no side-effects after removal.But it also depends which BW version you are talking about.(there are many versions)Check out the spybot forum at click here is listed as SpybotS&D1.0.The author of Spybot is helpful and there was a thread about removing Back Web.Regards

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:26 11 Oct 08

Note to self

Must type faster

:0)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…