Trojan in registry

PARIS/FALLS/04 07:12 10 Jul 04

A friend of mine has just discovered she has a trojan in her registry she has AGV but has been lately been getting sent the virus in emails any suggestions on how to get rid of the trojan without having to format her hard drive and what she can get to scan her emails for this in the future. Sorry i dont know what operating system she has if you need this info i would have to email her and ask for it if its required.

VoG II 07:33 10 Jul 04

Try a² click here

georgemac 07:37 10 Jul 04

click here and try some of the links given in my first response

adaware, spybot then install spywareblaster.

Also advise use of a firewall, I use sygate.

good luck, and always create a restore point before making changes (assuming she has XP)

georgemac 07:40 10 Jul 04

a2 squared also in that thread, thanks for the link you provided in another post, I tried it yesterday and it found a couple of trojans the others had missed.

jack 08:37 10 Jul 04

If the name of the trojan is known try this

Go to START/RUN/ and type in regedit.
Click on FIND
Type in the name of the beast[trojan]
When it comes up right click and delete.

This may not remove all elements but bashes it enough to to make it quiet.
j

Wak 10:20 10 Jul 04

I have found the Bazooka program from click here to be very good at finding and dealing with Trojans. Full instructions are given to deal with the registry, etc.

fourjays 11:51 10 Jul 04

I had this exact problem. I had a trojan, but after AVG had removed it, it kept popping up in the registry. I got Spybot Search and Destroy, which got rid of it. I tried to manually remove it from the registry, but the key actually didn't exist.

zootmo 11:56 10 Jul 04

Go to McAfee, it's not the only security site mind, and download the "stinger" removal tool.Stop your p.c.s system restore utility and run the stinger tool it may just save you a lot of time and trouble.Good luck!

Spindrift 12:21 10 Jul 04

Link to Stinger. Don't forget to turn off system restore before running it. Keep checking site every so often for updates.

click here

stalion 13:02 10 Jul 04

also install this for checking email on the server click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…