Trojan queery

merc. 12:04 25 Apr 04

After my virus scan ran on Friday night it found this Trojan PWSteal. it deleated it ok. After checking Norton web site it says this looks for passwords and logon information, was just wondering if I need to change any that I have, all appear to be all right at the moment.
My virus scan runs every Friday night is this ok.

PS where does this trojan come from is it e-mail or sites I have visited.

Merc

Forum Editor 12:09 25 Apr 04

It could have been anywhere, but that's not so important. What is important is that you should immediately change all your passwords and login details as a precaution.

Now that you've deleted the Trojan, and assuming that you're running WindowsXP, create a new restore point. Name it something memorable like 'Post Trojan' and only restore to that point in future should you need to - never to a point before that.

keith-236785 13:28 25 Apr 04

i agree with Forum editor, but instead of makeing a new resore point and not going back further, Turn off then back on System restor, that will clear all restore points and then you cant make the mistake.

SANTOS7 14:52 25 Apr 04

click here this is where it comes from and what it does so i would follow FEs andpapermans advice,good luck

merc. 15:28 25 Apr 04

after reading the symantec security report although the virus scan removed the trojan do i still have to the value from the registry and the %temp% folder.

thanks so far.

Merc

merc. 15:45 25 Apr 04

Had a look at the reistry for that particular file tasksvr32.exe is not in that location so does that mean it is deleted.

Merc

SANTOS7 16:04 25 Apr 04

click here i use this, download, and type tasksvr32.exe and any other referance to this virus if there is still something lurking in your registry this will find it. good luck

merc. 16:27 25 Apr 04

santos7
just downloaded the registry crawler and typed in the tasksvr32.exe found nothing.so do i hope every thing is ok.

by the way your registry crawler looks a good program

Merc

SANTOS7 17:43 25 Apr 04

Good job!! scan for it another day just to keep on top of it glad to help Merc, [email protected]

merc. 19:10 25 Apr 04

Thanks all that replyed will keep look out

Merc

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…