trojan probs

monkon2 22:17 24 Dec 03

I SEEM TO HAVE PICKED UP A TROJAN VIRUS, BUT I CANNOT FIND IT WHEN I DO A VIRUS SCAN, I AM USING NORTON ANTIVIRUS BUT IT DOESNT SEEM TO BE ABLE TO PICK IT UP. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS ON HOW TO DEAL WITH IT, AND WILL I HAVE TO REFORMAT? I KEEP BLOCKING ATTEMPTS TO ACCESS MY MACHINE BUT I COULD DO WITH A WAY OF DEALING WITH IT

VoG II 22:25 24 Dec 03

What makes you think that you have a trojan? I assume that your firewall is telling you that somethging is trying to "dialm home". Could be spyware. Try Ad-aware click here and Spybot click here - if your home page or search engine is being hijacked try CoolwebShredder click here

If it is a Trojan click here and/or click here

VoG II 22:27 24 Dec 03

P.S.

Your SHOUTING button is stuck but that's a seperate issue.

monkon2 22:42 24 Dec 03

first off, sorry about caps lock, wont happen again!!!!!!

secondly, i was told by my virus scanner thast a trojan had been detected but like an idiot i didnt make a note of where it was!!!! also my fire wall has gone off about a dozen times in the last hour, saying that someone is trying to make a remote connection.

lastly, ive just down loaded spybot and adaware, will these apps help?

thanks in advance

have a good xmas and new year

VoG II 22:48 24 Dec 03

Yes, run Ad-aware then Spybot (I suggest not at the same time) and see what they find. If anything they find looks suspicious let them delete or quarantine.

Then run The Cleaner click here (I think this is still a 30 day free trial.

If none of this works run your anti-virus again and make a note of the name of the supposed trojan.

Sorry about the Caps-Lock joke - couldn't resist.

Good luck and Merry Christmas.

monkon2 23:11 24 Dec 03

thanks for that, i just wqiped out 60 objects that were not supposed to be there, plus I just updated all my antivirus and adaware software. seems to have cured the problem, im not getting the messages anymore

thanks to all, best of hols, look forward to NOT having any pc probs in the new year!!!!

VoG II 23:12 24 Dec 03

Aww - what will we do without PC problems?

Merry Xmas monkon2

monkon2 10:54 26 Dec 03

used the cleaner as you suggested, it found another 3 trojans that the others didnt find. dealt with them easilymenough though,. thank you for the link, an excellent bit of kit

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…