trojan problem???

anon1 15:41 28 Dec 04

I am having a problem on my laptop and really has me beat. I visited a website which it seems had been hijacked. It promptly downloaded 128 items of spyware on my laptop. I removed almost all with spybot,adaware and avg. there is however a continuing problem. I cannot change my screen background. There is a "windows warning" telling me that spyware is installed and that I should click here for removal. Try as much as i can I just cannot remove this. looked just about everywhere i can think of. The only clues I have are exe files that I cannot seem to remove. It is simply called R.exe
I have also noticed that shutdown hangs and a program called DIEmWin is the last one to need shutting down but cannot find any reference to this either on the laptop or the internet

VoG II 15:45 28 Dec 04

Try a² click here

Gongoozler 15:57 28 Dec 04

R.exe appears to be associated with Backdoor.LoxoScam click here

DIEmWin appears to be an ATI driver file

anon1 18:20 28 Dec 04

Didnt find it. This is really a pig think i may have to do a system restore

anon1 21:40 28 Dec 04

Eventually got to the bottom of this one. My desktop was hijacked top the point that all I could see was this "windows warning" which of course wasn't the whole screen became a link to a webpage. I followed the link and at the bottom was this apology and a supposed cure called "clean.exe" which of course did nothing. I then went back to the desktop and right clicked the screen and chose properties. This pointed me to where the file was located so I then deleted it. The warning was still there so again a right click and this time chose to view the source. Loads of html but i recognise some of it with my limited knowledge. used notepad to make the changes needed and bingo its gone.

anon1 21:41 28 Dec 04

Tried system restore but it wouldn't work (failed due to gremlin). Thanks to those who offered help. Terry

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…