Trojan KillReg. Advice and word of caution...

wotbus@ 10:48 15 Oct 05

Almost 2 weeks ago my MS ASpyware picked up this trojan which I removed without reading the information provided about it!. An inexplicable loss of net connection had me tearing out hair and pressing an older PC into service, lucky for me.
I should have immediately searched the net for knowledge about the trojan but as I was having problems with my net wifi connection at the time I thought it was my router, I did not relate the two. WRONG...KillReg is designed to wreck/deny you your net connections.
The removal etc is well documented on the net, just type KillReg into Google or whatever.
Hope this helps someone.
(Thanks VoG and others for very good links in the past)

VoG II 10:51 15 Oct 05

If you lose internet connectivity after removing malware click here

It is worth having this to hand in advance.

wotbus@ 10:55 15 Oct 05

Hi VoG™. Thanks again for the link. I was already having problems with the wifi like I said, and when this thing popped up I just never related the two incidents, and they didnt happen close together for me to become suspicious. Lesson well learned though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…