Trojan horse:Stubby, how do i get rid of it

ARTY DAN 10:18 08 Apr 04

I have windows XP on my P.C.about two weeks ago it was infected with the Stubby trojan horse,I have tried AVG anti virus, Mcafee Virusscan enterprise and f-prot anti virus none have worked, does anyone know how to get rid of this virus and what anti virus software to recommend I would appreciate your help thank you.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 10:24 08 Apr 04

Try click here

Regards.

georgemac 13:17 08 Apr 04

AVG should apparently do it, but for all trojans you should turn off system restore, reboot then run avg (update it first), reboot run avg again and if it is OK enable system restore and create a restore point - all previous restore points will be deleted.

to turn it off go to control panel, performance and maintenance, system and click on the system restore tab and turn it off for all drives.

keith-236785 15:32 08 Apr 04

A trojan horse is different than a virus, but just as annoying.

click here and download the 30 day trial.

install and run this program, it will tell you If you have a trojan and where it is on your system.

do this, come back and let us know.

my guess is it is hiding in windows/system32 but run anti-trojan shield and find out.

keith-236785 15:34 08 Apr 04

P.S there is a way to remove the bad entry from system restore without losing ALL restore points, i will explain later if needed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…