I have the following anti-virus/spyware programs;

Adaware

AVG

Spybot

A2

MS Antispyware

ewido

Sygate firewall

I do scans every few days and only find usually cookies. What I want to know is how likely is it that I have trojan horses or worms as I find nothing. Sorry for the stupid question but someone might know about a trojan that these programs do not find.

Thanks

keewaa 17:24 16 Nov 05

Unfortunately you can never be 100% sure, one reason is there's a gap between them appearing in the wild <> and definitions providing detection, and if someone got control of your computer via a trojan they could do changes before you detected the trojan. When you detect the trojan you may not be able to detect any changes they made through the trojan.

Having said that, you are well protected.

rawprawn 17:33 16 Nov 05

Add this to your formidable list, click here and you are as well protected as possible. Don't get paranoid, most spyware is not really dangerous, just annoying

GuZ><0r 17:45 16 Nov 05

Thanks guys. I know I shouldn't get paranoid but I have several online banking accounts that I do not really want hijacked.

PaulB2005 18:23 16 Nov 05

Also add SpywareBlaster to block those nasties click here

SpyBot S&D - click here

Don't you have two Anti Virus installed though? AVG and A2? That's not advisable.

Devil Fish 18:51 16 Nov 05

A2 works fine along Virus scanners as it is not a virus scanner perse

Nellie2 20:37 16 Nov 05

Another good way of protecting yourself is to have a hosts file that will keep you way from any bad sites and addresses. click here MSVP hosts is updated regularly though, so you will need to check for updates about once a month.

If you use IE as your browser then IESpyad is also highly recommended. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac