trojan horses

Steve C 21:02 15 Apr 04

i am plagued with Trojan/viruses what would be the best software to get rid and protect

VoG II 21:13 15 Apr 04

What do you have at the moment?

AVG is free anti-virus click here

Trojan removers (30 day trials) click here click here

The Spires 21:16 15 Apr 04

click here For Trojan detection.

sattman 21:19 15 Apr 04

The fact that you are asking this question makes me assume that you are a newcomer on this forum.

Download and install antivirus software asap.

highside 10:49 11 Nov 04

I am presently being informed of Trojan Horse attacks (by my Security software) almost everytime I use the net.
They are blocked OK, I have Norton AV and Firewall, but apart from being able to do a trace which tell you where the originators computer is ie the country, most of the info is useless unless you are a administrator or programmer. Just have to accept it (the IP info etc that Norton gives) and hope all is well.
Is there anymore I can do to reduce these attacks from a laymans position?

g0slp 12:10 11 Nov 04

I'm running the same AV/firewall as you, & last week had 7 attacks from Korea, 2 from China & 1 (interestingly) seemingly from AOL in the USA.

Since then nothing, & before that no attacks for months, so I'm not too perturbed at present. I've recently run various tests too, & all was reportedly well.

Some good security checks from this list

click here

which was courtesy of a posting by VoG™ which I found...

highside 21:08 12 Nov 04

Further observation plus can anyone enlighten me a bit more please?
Today I have again been bombarded with T. Horses and all blocked by Norton. But the latest tonight is more interesting as not only does visual trace give the country & IP address, it also gives the IP provider details and the origin including the House no, the street and the post code in New York and an originator ID.
The trojan horse is Back Door/sub Seven.
I have never had so much info, can it be used at all????????

The Spires 23:01 12 Nov 04

I have all alerts on my firewall switched off and have done that for some time. I do have a dedicated Trojan detector though TDS, which has never found a Trojan on my system. Norton causes unnecessary anxiety with it's constant alerts.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac