trojan horse virus

georgie2 18:07 19 Feb 03

I have ot a trojan horse virus on my computer

C\dialler.exe
a message told me to run AVG, which I did then the clean up could not remove it, I was told to delete it myself, but how?

The file is C:\documents and settings\dawnpotkins\localsettings\temporaryinternetfiles\content.ie.5\4pafkd2bjs_1_~1.js
it tell me this is a script\exploit
please can someone help me as things are going wrong with my computer. i cannot connect to msn, which i use most of the time could this be why,
I am using windows xp on a new computer

kuhbler 18:16 19 Feb 03

I think this is spyware as opposed to a Trojan. Run Adaware 6 and see if it picks it up.

It was possibly put there by installing Gator somewhere along the line. Don't worry if you can't remember installing it, most people don't know either!

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:22 19 Feb 03

click here should give you enough info.

G

mikef™ 18:55 19 Feb 03

You can also download spywareblaster which will stop it being installed in the first place click here

georgie2 19:39 19 Feb 03

but how di i get rid of it

Gaz 25 19:52 19 Feb 03

click here

Download this program and run it, make sure you run the built-in update feature first and then do a scan, it will remove the blighter,

Sounds like a Dialer Spyware, Spybots Search and Destroy kills spys, dialers, Hijackers oh and all sorts of buggers,

Run it and see if it removes it.

Hope it helps,

georgie2 22:28 19 Feb 03

thank you Gaz 25 for your help, i ran this program got rid of virus, computer running a lot smoother now, still cant connect to msn though.

Gaz 25 01:50 22 Feb 03

It will be on the Spybot Search and Destroy Website and it will correct the probelem you are having. If you cannot get on the net at all, get a friend to do it.

To stop these from attacking you in the future get Rel 4 Beta by settings in Spybot S & D and selecting Donwload Betas, and re run the update, then you should see Rel 4 or Rel 5 by the time you get this.

It has a built in Host locker to stop a Dialer in the first place.

Glad it removed it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017