trojan horse virus

maggs123 13:08 03 Dec 04

I have an infected file windows/system/32exe my AVG 6 is picking it up but cannot access the file to clear it. Someone told me to start it in safe mode then disable system restore but as i am a pc virgin not sure how to do this.
I am on windows XP any suggestions gratefully received

ACOLYTE 13:13 03 Dec 04

To start in safe mode you need to press F8 or F5
when computer is booting up,to turn system restore off you need to right click my computer select properties,system restore and tick the box to turn it off,you will loose all the restore points,and it will need turning back on again after by unticking the box u ticked.What info does AVG give regards the virus?.

ACOLYTE 13:15 03 Dec 04

Also t might not be a bad idea to upgrade to AVG 7 free version as the updates for AVG 6 will stop at the end of the month

click here

maggs123 13:32 03 Dec 04

AVG says delete affected file but I have tried this and it will not allow me to

pj123 13:52 03 Dec 04

As ACOLYTE says, download the newer free AVG7 and install it over the top of AVG6.

ACOLYTE 14:57 03 Dec 04

Try putting the file in the virus vault instead of deleting it then delete it from there,or delete it from safe mode,you will need to know where the file is to do it.

maggs123 14:20 04 Dec 04

the virus has left the building, cant thank you enough for your time

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…