Trojan horse virus

Taram 14:14 12 Apr 04

When I click on Windows media player, my screen goes black and my AVG anti-virus box appears saying that a trojan hoese is trying to access my computer, I have done a virus check, and AVG found one virus called, Downloader.VB.EC PUP.EXE.
I would be very grateful for any help.
I have Windows Me.

Thank you, Taram

VoG II 14:21 12 Apr 04

click here should help you.

Taram 15:38 12 Apr 04

Thank for your help VoG, My AVG has now found another three viruses which cannot be healed or put in to the virus vault, the name of the file is, FileC:\RESTORE\TEMP\A0197651.CPY and the virus is the same as before, so I deleted all my temporay internet files, and restored my computer to an earlier time, and did another virus scan and this time AVG has found no viruses. Strange!!!
Do you know how I can uninstall, Windows Media player in Windows Me? because it is not in my Add remove programmes.

Thank you

VoG II 15:40 12 Apr 04

You need to turn off System Restore, scan again, SR back on when system is clean. click here

Taram 11:12 13 Apr 04

Thanks VoG, turned off system restore and no more viruses found so far.

georgemac 12:05 13 Apr 04

if you have turned off system restore and scanned with avg and cleaned out all the viruses, you should turn system restore on and create a new restore point.

I would also advise that you get a firewall as a lot of trojans can get onto your system past the anti virus from web pages.

sygate, zone alarm, outpost or any of the other free firewalls should do the job OK for you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now