trojan horse virus

chrisak 08:01 29 Dec 03

i have a trojan horse downloader swizzor remove it i need to go to MS-DOS mode (I can do that) but I dont know how to find the infected file.

Jester2K 08:04 29 Dec 03

What version Windows?

Jester2K 08:04 29 Dec 03

Also what Anti Virus and is it up to date?

chrisak 08:07 29 Dec 03

I am running Windows ME.
I use AVG anti virus and yes it is up to date

Jester2K 08:17 29 Dec 03

Can you start in Safe Mode?

Is the virus located in c:\system inforamtion\restore or something like that? The scanner should tell you.

Terrahawk 08:34 29 Dec 03

i dont use avg but i would assume you can create rescue disks. If Jester 2k ideas dont work try rescue disks they should allow you to boot into and run av in dos mode, you will have to set your A: drive to first bootable device

BBez 08:40 29 Dec 03

i'm using AVG 7.0 where you can access the rescue disk wizard from AVG's control centre. I assume it can be accessed from there in previous versions.

Jester2K's suggestion will let you run a scan without any files being locked. To boot into safe mode, press F8 key while booting then choose, safe mode from the menu that pops up

chrisak 09:27 29 Dec 03

Virus is on drive.....that is all i know about it. doesnt say what drive or anything else

VoG II 09:30 29 Dec 03

Try The Cleaner click here

chrisak 10:40 29 Dec 03

Well VoG, I d/l The Cleaner and it didnt pick up the trojan, but when I ran AVG again it what next? Im getting more and more confused by the minute...LOL

Jester2K 10:58 29 Dec 03

AVG does tell you WHERE the file is. Open Test Results and look there. Open the line that says "File Infected" and look at the details... What does it say?

(I bet this is another System restore one)

Have you tried scanning in Safe Mode?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…