Trojan Horse in Sims 2 patch?

OldNick 09:48 19 Mar 06

I've downloaded the Sims 2 patch, which , amongst other things, will let Limited Users on XP run the game (in the past only users with administrator rights could run it - a bit dangerous for the kids!). However, when I download the patch my anti-virus software detects the trojan horse Win32:Keylog-AL. is this something malicious or just a bit of spyware put in by those EA Games people? can I install the patch and then remove the trojan with e.g. Ad-Aware (my spyware). Anyone else come across this problem?

Nick

mike1967 09:54 19 Mar 06

Is the patch an official one from the EA website?

OldNick 14:14 19 Mar 06

yes it is. It came from click here, and the link to it came from the UK EA site

mike1967 14:52 19 Mar 06

If its from the official site it shouldnt be a problem , maybe you could email then and tell them what you found.

OldNick 17:35 19 Mar 06

yup, I've done that yesterday - should get a response in 2 working days (allegedly) - I'll post back with their comments

gudgulf 18:21 19 Mar 06

It wont contain any malware or adware......what is is doing is allowing a change in the way the game interacts with Windows to allow non administator users to play.

That sort of change is just the sort of thing your av scanner will pick up as suspicious activity and report as a threat.

I dare say the av company will fix the false detection with definition update soon but it might also be worth contacting the av company and telling them what happened too.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…