Trojan Horse Sex Diallers ?

Tinkey Winkey 22:50 17 Aug 03

I was allarmed to find 3 " tojan horse sex diallers "on my youg daughters pc when running the AV program.Can anyone tell me what they are ?How did they get there and what do they do ?

powerless 22:56 17 Aug 03

click here

Most probably downloaded accidently or a pop up; popped up asking for it to install itself.

These programs:

Adaware click here and spybot click here should find and be able to delete sucj nasties.

jakedawe 22:57 17 Aug 03

Somebody might if you name them.

powerless 22:57 17 Aug 03

Or even your AV can delete them ;-) as its a trojan.

jakedawe 23:00 17 Aug 03

Oh, and BTW I had one, called, I think Live Now and neither Adaware or Spy Bot found it but AVG did.

Tinkey Winkey 23:05 17 Aug 03

MY Anti-Virus has dealt with them.But I still don't know what they do ?

jakedawe 23:06 17 Aug 03

If you have Broadband and have disabled your dial up connection they won't do anything BUT if you are on Dial-up they will attempt to dial an (expensive) premium rate number without your knowledge.

Tinkey Winkey 23:20 17 Aug 03

Shite!So could I recieve a large phone bill for someone else's premium rate internet usage ?

GANDALF <|:-)> 23:26 17 Aug 03

Yup! These diallers sometimes connect to *ahem* adult sites but there are ones that connect to your ISP but through their £1.50+/min premium numbers. there have been instances of eye-watering bills. Generally you have to accept an exe. file for these diallers to be installed. Motto....open nothing nor agree to nothing unless you are 100% sure.

G

jakedawe 23:31 17 Aug 03

No, it won't be someone else's ussage it will be your Phone that dialled out. You'll find out when you get the bill.

Tinkey Winkey 23:41 17 Aug 03

jakedawe,are you saying that someone must have accessed these sites from my daughters PC?I.e. someone in our home ?Or has someone used my phone number to access this material on there own PC somewherelse ???

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…