Trojan Horse Removal

James-299039 18:50 24 Oct 05

I have had a computer for nearly five years, always on AOL dial-up, and my current version is 9 which has worked efficiently for several months.

When I went online today I noticed a red circle with a cross inset with the message,'Your computer is infected'.

This is the first time I have had this warning. I then had a Windows warning telling me suspicious activity was detected on my computer and giving me options on removing it.

I downloaded and then ran a free version of Spyfighter Cleaner Version 2. This revealed seven Trojan Horses on my computer.

I then followed the Spyfighter Cleaner intructions which takes you through five stages:

1. Load Spyfighter database.

2. Check system registry.

3. Check file system.

4. Remove Spyware and Adware.

5. Reset Internet Explorer settings to default.

The first three stages are accomplished in about fifteen minutes which leads to the point where you have to click the 'remove' button to get rid of the identified Trojan Horse programs.

When I do this nothing seems to happen.

Is anyone au fait with the free Spyfighter program (I am aware you can buy a fuller version but at this stage I want to get rid of the Trojan Horses)?

I am not well-versed in the technical side of computers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TomG 18:59 24 Oct 05

If you have the name of the trojan programs download the removal tool from either symantec or one of the other big anti-virus companies - if you are using XP or Win Me turn of system restore on all disks before cleaning as the trojans may be retained in a system backup.

rawprawn 19:02 24 Oct 05

click here Download, update and run this free program, if it doesn't clear your problem try in safe mode (Tap F8 on boot)

PUNKA 19:03 24 Oct 05

Download and run a-squared that might help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…