Trojan Horse-Interesting Isn't it...

AngeTheHippy 14:58 03 Dec 07

I can find NO reference to the Trojan Horse Generic 9.ZV0 when I Google it, which AVG picked up the other day. It cannot be healed, has been put into Virus Vault, and states it's

Object name: READREG.EXE
Object Path: :\\Windows\
Source: Backup Copy

Your thoughts on this please?

AngeTheHippy
x

Technotiger 15:09 03 Dec 07

Could be what is known as a 'False Positive' ... or in other words a false alarm!

Technotiger 15:10 03 Dec 07

PS - it is quite safe anyway to leave it in the Vault.

Technotiger 15:16 03 Dec 07

Quite a bit of info in Google about readreg ...click here

AngeTheHippy 15:19 03 Dec 07

Never quite sure though, when AVG give the choice to DELETE or EMPTY the Vault which is the safest! They don't tell ya, do they...

Ange
xx

Technotiger 15:24 03 Dec 07

I think the safest is to leave it in the Vault - if in your case it is a false alarm, you might upset something else on your pc by deleting it - possibly lose your Sound, for instance.

AngeTheHippy 15:27 03 Dec 07

That IS interesting, Techno
QUOTE::
It's a Creative Labs file used to add/remove audio cards and drivers. Apparently it can be corrupted easily and is often used as a cover for trojans.

I've been having prob using headset for VoIP calls - Mike works fine, but sound will NOT come through earphones - the headset DOES work, cos I tried it on the Laptop and all was OK..

Ange
x

Technotiger 15:40 03 Dec 07

Hmm, if you do have a corrupt file it might be possible to fix by running scannow ... click here

AngeTheHippy 15:48 03 Dec 07

You trying to give me ANOTHER sleepless night? 8-D

Bit long n drawn out this. Will have a look this evenin though and see whats to be done... or not.

Ange
xx

Technotiger 16:05 03 Dec 07

You might get some better information when the Evening Shift come on!

AngeTheHippy 16:20 03 Dec 07

WHATEVER time of day/night I enquire... 8-D

xx

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…